Mmmmm! If you’re into simple recipes – this one’s SUPER quick and delicious. It’s become my favourite salad of the summer and it only takes 10-15 minutes to make.
All you need are 4 simple ingredients:
- Watermelon (6 cups)
- Feta Cheese (4 ounces – or adjust to taste)
- Balsamic Vinegar (1/4 cup)
- Mint (1/4 cup – or adjust to taste)
*We also added in blueberries – but this is optional. It still tastes fabulous without it! **For dairy allergies – you can omit the cheese (it will altar the taste of the recipe – but it will ensure you’re not sensitive to the recipe when you’re eating it) 🙂
- First we’ll need to make the balsamic reduction, which is simple: add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil until thick and reduced, about 4-5 minutes (this s to help thicken it).
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and place it into a mixing bowl.
- Add sliced/crumbled feta cheese and mint over the watermelon
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction and it’s ready to be served!
Make sure your watermelon has been chilled in the fridge, as it always tastes better that way!
The thickened balsamic reduction works so well with the refreshing, cold watermelon, the creamy feta cheese crumbles, and mint leaves that it’s so simple yet refreshing on a hot day!
P.S. Check out my resource page for a full list of Products I Love!
Abby is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist who helps clients achieve optimal health. She is passionate about seeing people use health and nutrition to transform lives. She hopes that her experiences and knowledge can help educate others on natural remedies that will help eczema. Follow her on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube for more updates!